We LOVE what we do.
And hope that you do too.

February 29, 2012

CROCK POT YUMMIEST POT ROAST

Let me tell you how in love I am with our Crock Pot. It's so wonderful. You can make dinner in the morning and it's ready at dinnertime. I know that slow cooking isn't a new thing, but to me it kind of is and I still get excited when I make something fabulous. Crock Pots ROCK! Ok. Now that I've calmed down, let me tell you about the recipe of the day. I got this recipe from the Crock Pot Girl. I changed it a tad bit, but it's basically a halved version of hers that I make. This is my boss' favorite meal that I make. The meat is so juicy and tender. It just melts in your mouth. The gravy is amazing. So amazing in fact, that Sammy, who does not like mushrooms at all, actually asked for more mushrooms and said, "I only like mushrooms with this sauce!" The kids love it. I love it. We all love it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Sammy even licked her plate clean once. (Until we reminded her that that's not using good manners.) But seeing her do that made me smile :) So are you ready for the most amazing delicious pot roast of your life? Here we go!

Crock Pot Yummiest Pot Roast


All You Need Is (LOVE):

  • 2 lb. Pot Roast
  • Salt, pepper, & garlic powder (for taste)
  • Flour
  • Olive Oil
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom
  • 3/4 c Beef Broth
  • 1/2 package dry onion soup mix
  • 8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms


What to Do:

  1. Set Crock Pot on LOW for 4 hours (you want the Crock Pot to heat up before you add the meat in because adding hot meat to a cool pot can damage the Crock Pot, and we don't want that)
  2. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on all sides of the pot roast and use a spoon to rub it into the roast (or your fingers, but I don't like touching raw meat [I even use tongs to flip the meat over])
  3. Coat your entire roast with flour so it is completely covered
  4. Add olive oil to a skillet and set to medium heat
  5. Once the oil is heated, place the pot roast into the skillet and brown on both sides (browning is essential as it seals in the flavor and prevents the pot roast from becoming chewy)
  6. While the roast is browning, add the cream of mushroom, beef broth, dry onion soup mix, and mushrooms into the Crock Pot and mix well with a spoon (be careful because the Crock Pot may be hot)
  7. When the pot roast is finished browning on both sides, transfer it into the Crock Pot
  8. Spoon the sauce over the pot roast so that it is completely covered
  9. Place the lid on top
  10. When the 4 hours on LOW is finished, set it to HIGH for 2-3 hours (I usually set it for 2.5 hours on HIGH) or until meat is tender
  11. Eat it all up! (But save some for me please. Just kidding.)


Before I Go:
Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. If I have a busy day, I just make rice in the rice pot to serve with the pot roast. The rice pot cooks the rice and keeps it warm until dinner (just like what a Crock Pot does). You see, I'm from Hawaii. We are big on rice down there. We love rice. So in our house, we have the ginormous 25 lb. bag of rice from Costco. Just thought I'd share that quick fact with you all. But when I do have time (which is more often than not), I prefer to make mashed potatoes from scratch to go with it. I also serve it with a vegetable. Gotta get that green into the kids! They love zucchini and it's easy to cook up right before serving, so that's my go-to vegetable to go with the pot roast. But anything will do. I use a lot of mushrooms for this recipe because I love mushrooms and they shrink into the gravy anyways. And I use fresh mushrooms. I love those best. I hope you try out this recipe because it is the most delicious thing ever! It will change your life. It's just so simple to make and oh so tasty. Make this for someone and they will be begging you for more. Feel free to leave any questions or comments below. I'd love to hear if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you. Thank you for stopping by!


Have a great day!
♥ K i K O 

No comments:

Post a Comment