We LOVE what we do.
And hope that you do too.

March 13, 2012

NO BAKE ENERGY BITES

So I'm definitely cheating on this post in several ways! I'm going to share a recipe with you however, I did not make it for the kids!! Sammy the 5 year old has a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts and a most recent allergy to oats! 2 of the main ingredients in this recipe :( However, I have been wanting to try out this recipe forever and never have! Anyway, I want to share this with you because for those without these allergies it makes for an awesome snack. For kids, it's a good after school snack, healthy dessert, or even an "Ah, were late for school" breakfast! Feel free to store away just for you (Hey! A nanny has got to eat!) Speaking of nanny's eating, i shared these with Kiko and she liked them as much as me!! So here is the original recipe for No Bake Energy Bites..I didn't follow this recipe (I don't know why i cant seem to follow recipes!) so here's my yummy yummy version.

Here's the recipe:
1 c uncooked oats
1/2c Peanut Butter
1/3 c honey
1/4 c crushed walnuts
1 TBSof coco powder
1/2 c chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

I first combined the oats, the peanut butter, and the honey and mixed them together. I then combined the walnuts (I just "crushed" them with my hands), coco powder, and the chocolate chips into the oat mixture and mix all together. Lastly , add the vanilla and mix! I took a tablespoon and plopped (very technical cooking term) it into my hand to form a little ball. My batch makes anywhere from 10-16 depending how big I make the balls. Put them into the fridge for just a half and hour and YAY eat up! Love an easy recipe!

Let me know what version you come up with, check the original recipe for all the yummy substitutions you can do also! Questions, concerns, and  comments are always welcome! Thanks and enjoy!
-Phylicia

No comments:

Post a Comment