We LOVE what we do.
And hope that you do too.

April 13, 2012

Kalahari Waterpark Mini Vacation


[All photos taken from the Kalahari Resorts Website]
[I wasn't going to get my camera wet! Hehe.]

This past weekend we visited the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, OH. It has an indoor and outdoor waterpark. According to the website, it's "America's Largest Indoor Waterpark". Cool. Of course, it being Spring in Ohio, only the indoor waterpark was open. Perfect. We had so much fun. We went there to celebrate Sammy's 6th Birthday. Phylicia was on a trip (which I'm sure she'd love to tell you all about, right Phylicia? haha) so it was only me (Kiko - just one nanny) who went with the family. I didn't take any pictures however because I did not feel like bringing any electronics into the waterpark. Haha. So I sadly have no cute wet baby pictures to show any of you (sorry Phylicia.)


Kalahari is set up so well. There is a nice kids area with small slides and swings, with water only a foot deep. The boys stayed there all day. Up and down. Up and down. There was also a wave pool. Sammy loved that. But what she really loved was the indoor/outdoor hot tub. Yes. Sammy girl LOVES hot tubs. :) You have to be six years old and over to go in. So Sammy luckily just made the cut. Poor Kai Kai, no hot tubbing for him. And of course there were a lot of great grown-up rides. The parents and I took turns going on some with each other. They were really fun.


Besides the waterpark, the resort was so cool. There is a HUGE arcade/game room with over 100 games. The kids loved that! We played this motorcycle game non-stop. Sammy, Kona, and I on one bike. Kai and AJ (their dad) on the other. Race. Race. Race. Kona loved playing Fruit Ninja on a big TV. It was like a little dream for that boy. Sammy kept hitting the jackpot on all those spin the wheel games. We ended up with about two thousand tickets. Which sure did take a while to cash in for prizes. Haha.


There was also mini golf, a jungle gym-ish play area, bowling, and so much more. Yummy treats. Ice cream, cotton candy, Krispy Kremes, caramel apples galore. The restaurants had such yummy food. (Not good for the weight loss competition, but hey, I was on a vacation, right?) We stayed there from Friday to Monday. I even got to leave on Sunday morning to go to church for Easter, and I was able to make it back for lunch. It's only a 75 minute drive from our house. Awesome. All in all I'd say we had a wonderful vacation. The only thing missing was Phylicia. Next time. I'm sure there'll be one :)


Have a great day!
♥ K i K O 

No comments:

Post a Comment