We LOVE what we do.
And hope that you do too.

April 03, 2012

Rainbow Cake: Happy 6th Birthday Sammy!!

Today Sammy turned six years old. She wanted me to make her a rainbow cake. So I googled "rainbow cake" and I found many different ways to do it. I showed Sammy all of the pictures and this is the method she liked best. Thank goodness because it's certainly a lot easier than layering cakes and all that jazz. Here are some photos from my process. I just used white cake mix and A LOT of food coloring. Haha.

I used two boxes of White Cake mix. Then separated them into six bowls, food-colored them (yeah, that's a term!), and just dumped them into the 9X13 pan at random spots. Here's what it looked like. A work of art, I think!


This is what it looked like after baking in the oven. I sliced off the top so the top would be even and flat for decorating. Isn't that a pretty cake inside?! So cool!


Then I used TONS of frosting and A LOT of food coloring to decorate her cake. I used three jars of white confetti funfetti frosting and food coloring to make pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple frosting. I put them in ziplock bags to pipe them on. I've never really decorated a cake before. Haha. But I did my best!


Then Sammy came and drew on two hearts and helped me frost the sides of the cake. And violá... a rainbow cake fit for a six year old! Beautiful!


Happy Birthday Sammy!!
I can't believe you are six years old!



Please leave any questions or comments below. Happy birthdays and rainbow-caking! Thanks for stopping by!


Have a great day!
♥ K i K O 

No comments:

Post a Comment