We LOVE what we do.
And hope that you do too.

February 09, 2012

POTATO CHIP CHICKEN

So here it is my first one! First recipe and first blog entry wooo hoo! Well I wanted to share with you one of my Nanny dinner time favorites with you. Anything that all 3 of the kids like is considered a hit for me! When I hear "Phylicia, can I have more please!", it's like music to my little nanny ears! This recipe always gets that response and I love it! I usually want a little more myself! Now bare with me because I don't really have a recipe for this, I think I saw it on T.V. once and then just tried to duplicate it, so I usually just eyeball it. 

Here's what you will need:
About 1 lb of chicken breast (a little over 1 lb of chicken breast tenders feeds like 2 adults and 3 little ones)
3/4 c of flour
1/2 bag of potato chips
1 egg
1/4 c milk
Small amount of vegetable oil
Seasoning for chicken optional (I used garlic salt)

You'll also need:
A skillet big enough to fit your chicken
a Baking sheet or a baking pan
A rolling pin or something to mash your chips
2 gallon size Ziplock baggies
A couple of bowls

Begin by adding oil to skillet and setting on low medium heat. The oil should just coat bottom of skillet. Then preheat your oven to 350.

Next add your flour to one ziplock bag!

Then add your chips to another.

Make sure to get all of the air out of your bag before you seal it. Once your bag is sealed, crush your potato chips by rolling them with rolling pin.

Be sure to finely crush the chips!

Next in a small bowl mix together your egg and milk to create an egg wash mixture.

Set up your miniature chicken factory as follows: flour, eggwash mixture, and potato chip crumbs (I like to put them into a bowl). 

Take your chicken and place into bag. You can put them all in there at once if you want!

Now give your flour chicken a little shake. This gives your egg wash a little something to hold unto ;)!


Next stage of factory is the egg wash mixture! Make sure to coat both sides! This gives your potato chips something to hold onto!

Time to take your chicken to the next level! Place your chicken in the potato chip crumbs. Press down and coat both sides.

Potato coated chickens!

Now that your pan is nice and warm, add your chicken in there!

I usually flip my chicken after about 3 or 4 minutes. You may need to adjust your heat to medium, but just be careful it's not too hot or your potato chips will burn :(. You kind of just have to look at it to tell. 
When it looks golden brown like this, it's ready to be flipped. 

Once there is no more pink showing through (from the chicken) transfer it onto/into baking sheet or pan and pop it into the oven. This final step just gives it the last bit of crunch and keeps it warm if your preparing your sides or trying to coral everyone to the table! About 10 minutes should do the trick!

!Voila! Potato Chip Chicken! So tasty! This particular night, I served it with mashed potatoes and zucchini! But you can serve it with anything and it's sure to be a hit!

Post your questions, comments, and critiques! 
                                    Thanks!!!!

                                                             Nanny Tips!
* Clean as you go! This is key for me for any recipe I do it makes life so much easier. As soon as you know your done with one ingredient PUT IT AWAY! I know its crazy right clean up time will be soooo much easier!


*The kids like their food VERYYY plain! But if your kids or whoever your cooking for like a little spice in your life then spice it up Girl (or Boy!) Try sprinkling Cayenne pepper, chicken seasoning, cajun seasoning, or whatever before the flour step!

*Want to make this recipe a little healthier? Try the All Natural Baked Lays Ruffle Chip for a healthier chip option. Also instead of coating your pan with oil try a generous coating of cooking spray instead. Just be sure to keep your heat low because it will burn quicker!

*Buy chicken breast nugget pieces and make potato chip chicken nuggets instead. Serve with ketchup, eat your heart out McDonalds!

*Use regular size chicken breast for a more adult serving size!

*Other side suggestions: Buttered noodles, Noodles mixed in Broccoli Cheddar Soup, French fries, cut your chicken and place over a fresh salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment