We LOVE what we do.
And hope that you do too.

February 16, 2012

SWEET-N-CREAMY NON-DAIRY MASHED POTATOES

First off, let me start by saying that before this recipe (that I created,) I have never made mashed potatoes from scratch, in my entire life. So for me, I was very excited when I came up with this recipe because it is so super tasty! Sammy (a five-year-old girl that I nanny for) is allergic to dairy, but loves mashed potatoes. So I came up with this delicious mashed potatoes recipe that is completely dairy free, and a healthier version than the norm. I make this all the time (about once a week) and it is always a huge hit with the kids!

Sweet-n-Creamy Non-Dairy Mashed Potatoes


All You Need Is (LOVE):
  • 5 lb. Russet Potatoes
  • 1/4 c I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (or Original)
  • 1 3/4 c Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
  • Water (to boil)
  • Olive Oil (in boiling water)
  • Salt and Garlic Powder (for taste)

What to Do:
  1. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil
  2. Peel and rinse the potatoes
  3. Cut each potato in half
  4. Add the potatoes into the pot of boiling water
  5. Add about 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil to the pot to keep the potatoes from sticking (feel free to skip this step)
  6. Boil potatoes for 25 minutes
  7. Drain potatoes and put them in a bowl
  8. Mash the potatoes with a big spoon (or any mashing utensil you'd like)
  9. Empty all the water from the pot
  10. Set the pot back onto the stovetop and set it to medium heat
  11. Add the butter and milk into the pot
  12. Add in the potatoes and mix until creamy
  13. Add salt and garlic powder for taste and mix well
  14. Enjoy!

[Peeled and halved potatoes]


[After mashing with a spoon]


[Ready to eat. Yum!]

Before I Go:
I just used what we carry in the house. Feel free to use any soy milk and butter substitute. The Silk Vanilla adds a hint of sweetness and makes it taste like you used heavy cream. We carry the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light tub in our house. It has less fat, which is very nice for me and Phylicia. :) But you can use the original, obviously. Remember, these mashed potatoes are so delicious, they can be addicting! So be careful. Try them out and you'd be surprised just how creamy and tasty these are. Feel free to leave any questions or comments below. I'd love to hear if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you. Thank you for stopping by!


Have a great day!
♥ K i K O 

No comments:

Post a Comment